Is there an Adobe GC Invoker Utility running at startup in the task manager? Do you understand what on earth it does on Windows 10, 7, 8? More often than not, many other Adobe procedures will run at startup also, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Updater Startup Utility, and AdobeGCClient.exe.
Yes, this report will find all your doubts removed. With it, you will know precisely what that AGCInvokerUtility.exe is for if it is going to pose risks to your PC, and whether you want it to run at startup. More significantly, once there’s a GC Invoker Utility error on Windows 10, the best way to disable this startup procedure.
Adobe GC Invoker Utility Overview
To start with, you may often see it as”AGCInvokerUtility.exe”. The ‘. Exe’ component refers to how the program is an executable file. It basically means it is a file that’s capable of being run or executed as a program from the computer.
Though there are lots of queries in the title of GC Invoker Utility, it is in fact named Adobe GC Invoker Utility. In fact, it’s the process or document name. AGC Invoker Utility is your solution or software and belongs to Adobe Systems Incorporated using its internal name being AGCInvokerUtility.exe.
It is simple to see it working. All you’ve got to do is to open the Task Manager and head to Startup procedures. The file will be saved in the place C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient by default.
Is Adobe GC Invoker Utility Harmful?
Judging from the above content, you can obviously know that GC Invoker Utility won’t cause damage to your PC in normal cases.
But unfortunately, chances are that some malware pretends to be GC Invoker Utility Adobe and brings viruses to Windows 10, 8, 7, especially the software in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder. On that occasion, many users may run into AGCInvokerUtility.exe application error or system error.
Do you need to disable it?
You would better leave it on Windows 10, 8, 7. Other Adobe-developed processes like Adobe Updater Startup utility and AdobeGCClient.exe need also keeping in the system. Otherwise, your PC will go wrong.
How to Disable Adobe GC Invoker Utility?
Method 1: Restart the computer in safe mode
This is the first thing you should try before doing anything else. You have to give restarting your computer in safe mode a shot before trying to disable it. Most people don’t try this method but you really should. If it does not solve the problem at hand then go to the other methods.
Restarting in safe mode is done differently in different windows. Here’s how it is done on Windows 10:
- Click on the Start menu.
- You need to view the power options, for that select the power button option.
- Now click on the restart button while pressing down the SHIFT key.
- You are now done with your reboot. Select the Troubleshoot icon and scroll to Startup Settings.
- Now choose the Advanced option followed by Restart option.
- Choose the reboot option.
- Choose the Enter Safe Mode with networking.
And that’s it. If your problems have not been solved the proceed to the following methods.
Method 2: Uninstall AGCInvokerUtility.exe using Task Manager
By deleting the Adobe GC Invoker Utility from the Task Manager, you can easily avoid it from running at startup. Just follow the steps.
- You need to open the Task Manager. Pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc together will do the job.
- Under the Processes tab, scroll down and go to Adobe GC Invoker Utility.
- Now right-click on it.
- Now choose the Disable option.
Method 3: Uninstall AGCInvokerUtility.exe using Control Panel
For Windows 10 users
- Open the Start menu.
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Select Apps & features option and click it.
- Now you can choose the program that you think is a threat. In this case, AGCInvokerUtility.exe
- Now, right-click on it and from the drop-down list that appears choose to uninstall.
For Windows 8 users
- Press Windows + C on your Windows 8 OS.
- Choose the Settings Option.
- Now select the Control Panel.
- Now select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Search for the program related to AGCInvokerUtility.exe and choose the uninstall option.
Methods 4: Delete all files created by AGCInvokerUtility.exe from registry
Follow the steps below to delete the entire file collection from the registry.
- You need Run windows. Press “Windows + R” to open it.
- Use the search bar to look for regedit. The registry will open.
- Press CTRL+F.
- Type in AGCInvokerUtility.exe to reveal the files.
- Now proceed to delete all dangerous files.