There was a time, when you can copy/paste your contacts only via sim card. But now time changed and you can copy them to cloud or computer. Even you can do this automatically. So if you don’t want to lose all your phone contact list you need to take some actions. You can lose all your connects if you loose your phone, or your android phone will crash or die also if someone steals your phone. So take an action today!
If you are updating or rooting your android phone it can be a very good idea to backup all your contacts before doing so. Usually this is not necessary but if you are unlucky you can lose all your data including your contacts. Also you should think about make a full backup of your phone including photos and videos.
How to backup Android contacts
Thankfully for Google company they made an outstanding Android OS in such a way that if you have linked your device with Gmail, your contacts are most likely already synced with your gmail account. Also if you also use google pictures your pictures and videos are also synced. To check if this a true you need to follow flowing steps:
- First you need to login to your gmail account you can do this by going here.
- In the drop down that appears choose Contacts.
- Your contacts should appear there and that it.
If you saw your contact list from your phone in that list you are done. Google has already backed up your contacts.
If you did not find your contacts there are some things you need to do to make sure that they are backed up.
Found something useful why not
How to backup your Android contacts
- Go to your phones settings ( if you don’t have a shortcut on your homescreen you can find it in your list of apps )
- Scroll though this menu and press the tab that says Back up and reset.
- Now what you have to do is make sure the Back up my data tab is checked, and if it is not, check it right now.
Backup you contact data
If you need to switch your phones it is a great idea to backup all your contacts data from your device. In old days we all had phone number books and should create all contacts manually one-by-one but now you can do this things automatically, so this is the second way how you can backup your contacts data.
Another way to backup your Android contacts
- Open the address book on your smartphone.
- Push on menu tab in your contact list section.
- And now select Import/Export tab.
- This will bring up a list of available export and importing options.